RadioShop Pickups | ‘La Pistola’ P90
Meant to be played with a healthy dose of angst and aggression, the ‘La Pistola’ P90 Set evokes the do-it-yourself music attitude of the late ’70s with authentic simplicity. A real Les Paul was unaffordable for many at this time so the cheaper, but in no way inferior, P90-loaded LP Junior became the weapon of choice for many punk guitarists. The ‘La Pistola’ delivers such a natural level of drive from tube amps that you may find yourself putting away your beloved OD pedal for good. With punchy Alnico V magnets and the highest output P90 in the Radioshop range mean you’ll find a fizz and break-up from the bridge that is sublime, a lovely chimey rhythm tone in the middle position and with the volume rolled off a little some really nice warm tones can be obtained from the neck pickup. A lot of fun to play. Available in Dogear and Soapbar fittings.
- Soapbar or Dogear Fitting (Please specify).
- Alnico V Bar Magnets.
- Handwound with 42 AWG Plain Enamel Wire.
- Vintage Spec Output: 7.8k (N), 8.4k (B).
- Black Covers.
- Unpotted to retain full expression and dynamics (wax potting available for high-volume players, leave us a note during checkout if you would like wax potting).
- Magnets degaussed to reproduce light aging.